- This event has passed.
Advanced Negotiation Techniques for Family Lawyers (Edmonton)
June 14 | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm$296.25 – $395.00
Date: June 14, 2022
Venue: LESA’s Program Space | Suite 1401, 10088-102 Avenue
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Price: $395 + GST
This is the in-person (Edmonton) registration page.
Learn the science behind competitive negotiations and develop techniques to respond to aggressive negotiation tactics and emotionally-charged circumstances. Explore offer-concession strategies and build a toolbox that you can use to overcome impediments to settlement. Consider approaches to lay the best groundwork for a successful negotiation, and learn how to apply these principles to the resolution of spousal support, parenting, and other family law disputes.
Topics will include:
– Theoretical differences between competitive and interest-based negotiation
– Option generation techniques and practical tips for working with negotiation theory to overcome reactive de-valuation and zero-sum thinking
– How to prepare your client for negotiation and mediation
– Impediments to negotiations and how they can be overcome
– Advance tips for negotiating parenting plans and spousal support
– Dispute resolution and papering the deal, including practical considerations in locking in versus cooling off periods when a resolution has been reached
This program is not part of LESA’s collaborative law series.
This event occurred in the past. Click here for the on-demand version.
*Please Note: Program formats and dates are subject to change. Please visit LESA.org/covid19 for the most up to date COVID policies and protocols at in-person LESA programs.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this program, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first registration from your firm.