Condominium Law Update (Edmonton)
March 15 | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm$296.25 – $395
Date: March 15, 2022
Venue: LESA’s Program Space | Suite 1401, 10088-102 Avenue
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Price: $395 + GST
This full-day program will bring you up to speed on recent amendments to the Condominium Property Act and their impact on your day-to-day practice.
Topics will include:
– Recent developments in condominium caselaw, including condominium cases revolving around short terms rentals, costs, contributions, builders’ liens, and more.
– Issues relating to the duties of a condominium corporation to keep its common property in a state of good and serviceable repair, including the board’s obligations, how this affects unit owners, and the corporation’s statutory obligations.
– What to watch for in bylaws when acting for buyers, including who is responsible for insurance, does my buyer have a parking spot, can my buyer grow cannabis, and can my buyer bring pets onto the property.
– Advising clients in respect of requirements for developer turnover; how to balance the statutory requirements with practical considerations.
– Condominium issues encountered during real estate conveyancing.
– Alternative dispute resolution for condominiums; consider what are other provinces doing on this issue and the potential application in Alberta.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this webinar or webinar series, please contact [email protected] for pricing.