Criminal Inadmissibility: Double-Punishment Sentences and Punishment without Charge (Webinar)
September 12 | 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm$71.25 – $95.00
Date: September 12, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
Price: $95 + GST
Criminal convictions can have dire consequences for temporary or permanent residents of Canada. This webinar will address:
– What criminal convictions make a temporary resident inadmissible from Canada and result in their deportation
– What criminal convictions make a permanent resident inadmissible from Canada and result in their deportation
– The process of defending against deportations at the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (“IRB”);
– Why it is always better to deal with this in the criminal courts rather than before the IRB
– Overcoming inadmissibility for crimes committed inside or outside of Canada once a person is removed
– Temporary Resident Permits
*Please Note: Program formats and dates are subject to change. Please visit LESA.org/covid19 for the most up to date COVID policies and protocols at in-person LESA programs.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this program, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first registration from your firm.