- This event has passed.
LESA’s Refresher 2022: Wills and Estates (Banff)
April 30 – May 2Free
Dates: April 30–May 2, 2022
Venue: The Rimrock Resort Hotel | Banff, Alberta
Price: $1,845 + GST (Limited Enrollment)
Join us in Banff, Alberta for an in-depth exploration of wills, estate planning, estate administration, and estate litigation issues.
Refresher registration includes: welcome reception, three continental breakfasts, three networking lunches, one banquet ticket, and electronic course materials.
Topics will include:
• Initial considerations on estate litigation files
• Managing the court process: Rules of Court vs. Surrogate Rules
• Common and unique claims and proceedings
• Interpretation applications
• Final considerations
• Capacity tests for different legal tasks
• New developments in capacity law
• Capacity assessment
• Charitable giving
• The solicitor’s role in identifying the goals, objectives, benefits, and pitfalls of business succession planning
• Will substitutes
• Changes to AISH legislation and rules
• FMS claims
• Review of the FMS case law
• A summary of the principles of spousal support in divorce
This year’s pre-Refresher program is Managing Wills and Estates Matters which will take place on April 29, 2022.
NOTE: Program registration does not include hotel reservations. Please see our “Accommodations” tab for details on our special room rates and booking information.
*Please Note: Program formats and dates are subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation at the time of a program running. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of all attendees, volunteers, and staff (and their families). We have instituted a mandatory vaccination policy for this program (including the banquet dinner). Please visit LESA.org/covid19 for more information.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this program, please contact [email protected] for pricing.