Mediation of Family & Divorce Conflicts (Calgary)
May 11, 2020 | 8:00 am – May 15, 2020 | 6:00 pm$1995.00
This course is recognized by collaborative law associations in Alberta.
Limited Enrolment Program.
FIVE DAYS OF INTENSIVE LEARNING
This course will be of interest to professionals who work with family conflicts, including lawyers, judges, accountants, clergy, educators, employee assistance counsellors, marriage and family therapists, professional counsellors, psychologists, and social workers. Join the hundreds of satisfied graduates who have completed this program since 1989.
Develop the skills, knowledge, and understanding to build a competent and professional mediation practice.
- Learn critical skills, strategies, and techniques
- Understand the necessary theoretical foundations of the mediation process
- Appreciate the ethical issues and policy considerations in the public and private sector
- Review communications theory and skills, child development theory, and other relevant information about families
- Cover relevant legal information, business issues, and fi nancial considerations
- Consider the concept of justice and the place of mediation in the legal system
- Develop skills to establish and market a successful mediation practice
The intensity of the course curriculum is designed to help forge a clear sense of the role of professional mediator as distinct from the role of lawyer, judge, counsellor, therapist, or other professional.
This program includes various components designed to facilitate the learning experience: demonstrations of the mediation process, video-recorded presentations, lecture and discussion, extensive participant simulation exercises with trainer feedback, informal individual consultations, extensive course materials with all the forms necessary for practice, outlines of the mediation process, and detailed checklists of the issues to be addressed in most cases.
The course will address major issues confronted in the divorce process, as well as many other family conflicts, including childcare arrangements, financial issues, property division, and tax planning.
Location: Best Western Village Park Inn, 1804 Crowchild Trail NW
If you would like to book a room, please contact the Best Western Village Park Inn to check availability and rates.