In the first few years of family law practice, lawyers can greatly benefit from both substantive law knowledge and practice management skills to assist them in effectively managing matters. In this on-demand program, experienced practitioners explore family property, child support, spousal support, family violence, and more.
- Adult interdependent partners and property and support contracts
- Court processes and running a litigation practice during the COVID-19 pandemic, including strategies to get your documents signed and filed
- Domestic violence and your obligations under the amendments to the Divorce Act, EPOs, and navigating the intersection between the criminal justice system and the family law system
- Primer on principles and calculation of spousal and child support in various scenarios
- Primer on valuing assets and the steps required to put together property charts, including some helpful tips and best practices from senior practitioners
This on-demand program was originally broadcasted as a webinar on January 27, 2021. Total running time is 5 hours, 27 minutes.
Heather L. McKay QC, Daunais McKay + Harms
Timothy S. Chan, Daunais McKay + Harms
Jonathan F. Griffith, Daunais McKay + Harms
Christopher A. Jackson, Jackson Law
Imogen Jenkins, Daunais McKay + Harms
Emily Koch, Daunais McKay + Harms
Katherine Palmer, Strathcona Law Group
Dustin Tkachuk, Lawrence & Tkachuk
Views and opinions expressed during on-demand programs and in program materials are those of the presenter(s)/author(s).
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of person who will be viewing the on-demand program in the billing details section on the checkout page.
The purchase of this on-demand program is for a single user only. For multiple viewers, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first purchase from your firm.