Webinar on Demand – Family Law Fundamentals
Original Date: January 27, 2021
Price: $345 + GST
Chair: Heather L. McKay QC, Daunais McKay + Harms
Presenters: Timothy S. Chan, Daunais McKay + Harms; Jonathan F. Griffith, Daunais McKay + Harms; Christopher A. Jackson, Jackson Law; Imogen Jenkins, Daunais McKay + Harms; Emily Koch, Daunais McKay + Harms; Katherine Palmer, Strathcona Law Group; and Dustin Tkachuk, Lawrence & Tkachuk
In the first few years of family law practice, lawyers can greatly benefit from both substantive law knowledge and practice management skills to assist them in effectively managing matters. In this Webinar on Demand, experienced practitioners explore family property, child support, spousal support, family violence, and more.
- Adult interdependent partners and property and support contracts
- Court processes and running a litigation practice during the COVID-19 pandemic, including strategies to get your documents signed and filed
- Domestic violence and your obligations under the amendments to the Divorce Act, EPOs, and navigating the intersection between the criminal justice system and the family law system
- Primer on principles and calculation of spousal and child support in various scenarios
- Primer on valuing assets and the steps required to put together property charts, including some helpful tips and best practices from senior practitioners
Total Running Time: 5 hours, 27 minutes
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of the person who will be viewing the Webinar on Demand in the billing details section on the next page.
If multiple lawyers or staff members in your firm would like to purchase this Webinar on Demand or Webinar on Demand series, please contact [email protected] for pricing.
Please note: The views and opinions of the presenters are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Legal Education Society of Alberta.