Explore an update on human rights. Consider potential future implications on workplace safety, employer rights, disability, and more arising from the current global pandemic. Hear about the changes at the Alberta Human Rights Commission with Michael Gottheil, Chief of the Commission and Tribunals.
1. Human Rights Update
- Poor performance and human rights’ complaints
- Sexual harassment claims
- Case law update on the duty to accommodate
- Impact on the work environment in light of the Black Lives Matter movement
- Family status discrimination
- Case law update on damage awards
2. Changes at the Human Rights Commission
3. Panel Discussion on COVID-19 Related Matters
- Workplace safety during COVID-19: the right to refuse unsafe work
- Constructive dismissal in a global pandemic
- Employer rights in vaccinating employees
- Disability due to general stress
- Future implications arising from the current global pandemic
This on-demand program was originally broadcasted as a webinar on February 23, 2021. Total running time is 3 hours, 21 minutes.
Teresa Haykowsky, McLennan Ross LLP
Craig W. Neuman QC, Neuman Thompson
Clayton Cook, McGown Cook Barristers & Solicitors
Michael Gottheil, Alberta Human Rights Commission, Chief of the Commission and Tribunals
Melissa Luhtanen, Alberta Human Rights Commission
Jean Torrens, MLT Aikins LLP
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of person who will be viewing the on-demand program in the billing details section on the checkout page.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to access this on-demand program (recorded from a past in-person program or webinar), please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first purchase from your firm.
Views and opinions expressed during on-demand programs and in program materials are those of the presenter(s)/author(s).