Discuss updates to employment law and recent amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act with seasoned faculty. Also consider “A View from the Bench” with Justice Kevin P. Feehan.
1. Employment Law Update
- Case law update on employment law issues
- Termination pay
- Proper draft of employment clauses
- Wrongful dismissal damages
- Liability for unauthorized overtime
- Mitigation and fixed term employees
- Constructive dismissal
2. A View From the Bench
3. Occupational Health and Safety Update
- Recent amendments on Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Recent sentencing developments
- Work refusals and health and safety during COVID-19
This on-demand program was originally broadcasted as a webinar on March 9, 2021. Total running time is 3 hours, 46 minutes.
Teresa Haykowsky, McLennan Ross LLP
Justice Kevin P. Feehan, Court of Appeal of Alberta
Alison Adam, McLennan Ross LLP
Steve Eichler, Field LLP
Kelli Lemon, Seveny Scott
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to access this on-demand program (recorded from a past in-person program or webinar), please contact [email protected] for pricing.
Views and opinions expressed during on-demand programs and in program materials are those of the presenter(s)/author(s).