Whether you’re a sole practitioner, a managing partner at a large firm, or in-house or corporate counsel for a business in the big city, you know that you’re often called on to answer questions in areas outside your primary focus. Family members, friends, associates, and colleagues have all kinds of questions, and it can be challenging to stay up-to-date on matters outside your area of practice.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Receive answers to common questions that arise across multiple areas of law. Questions will include:
1. When can a police officer search my car?
2. How is the legalization of marijuana going to affect workplaces?
3. I am the sole shareholder of my corporation; how do I get cash out?
4. Can I have a posthumous heir?
5. Is it ethical to store client information outside of Canada?
6. If I move out, and don’t take the kids, do I lose my parenting rights?
7. How do changes to the Employment Standards Code affect my workplace?
8. I think my brother is tricking our mother into giving him money; what can I do?
9. What is meta-data and how do I avoid sharing it?
10. I have signed a personal guarantee in my wife’s business; how do I protect myself if we get divorced?
With a brand new list of questions, this is one program you won’t want to miss! In fact, here’s what our 2017 attendees had to say when we asked them what they liked best.
Best LESA seminar I have attended so far! Very clear and concise. Loved the way the question, answer, and leading authorities were provided for each topic. Very helpful. Would strongly recommend this seminar to everyone.”
Seeing the broad cross section of lawyers who were interested in attending a program like this—even those who were very experienced still were able to learn a few things.”
The program was exceptionally engaging and dynamically delivered.”
This program was extremely well organized with clear, concise presentations on various matters of interest. The presenters were fantastic. I learned a lot and would definitely recommend this program to others in the future.”
Engage with a panel of experienced practitioners in this unique, engaging, fast-paced program, and get the information you need to provide confident, competent advice. Register online for Top 10+ Things Every Lawyer Should Know (2018) in Edmonton (April 13) or Calgary (April 27).