- This event has passed.
Condominium Law Update (Webinar)
March 15 | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm$296.25 – $395.00
Please Note: This program is now being offered online only as a webinar.
Date: March 15, 2022 (Webinar)
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Price: $395 + GST
This full-day program will bring you up to speed on recent amendments to the Condominium Property Act and their impact on your day-to-day practice.
Topics will include:
– Recent developments in condominium caselaw, including condominium cases revolving around short terms rentals, costs, contributions, builders’ liens, and more.
– Issues relating to the duties of a condominium corporation to keep its common property in a state of good and serviceable repair, including the board’s obligations, how this affects unit owners, and the corporation’s statutory obligations.
– What to watch for in bylaws when acting for buyers, including who is responsible for insurance, does my buyer have a parking spot, can my buyer grow cannabis, and can my buyer bring pets onto the property.
– Advising clients in respect of requirements for developer turnover; how to balance the statutory requirements with practical considerations.
– Condominium issues encountered during real estate conveyancing.
– Alternative dispute resolution for condominiums; consider what are other provinces doing on this issue and the potential application in Alberta.
This event occurred in the past. Click here for the on-demand version.
Thank you to our program sponsor: