Dealing with Difficult Conversations (Edmonton)
March 20, 2020 | 9:00 am – 12:00 pm$198.75 – $295
Develop strategies and key skills for turning tough conversations, often experienced in the legal profession, into more effective ones. Learn practical techniques for managing emotionally charged situations and moving in a productive direction, even when there is disagreement. Employ a process that will leave you feeling more comfortable and equipped to manage your difficult conversations. View the brochure.
This program is also offered in Calgary.
Karmen Masson, LL.B., BA, CEC
Karmen is a Certified Executive Coach and leadership consultant who helps people and organizations have more effective interactions and build stronger relationships at work. She was admitted to the Alberta Bar in 1997 and worked as a lawyer in private and government practice where she also took on senior management and executive roles. Working closely with members of the judiciary, the legal profession and its stakeholders for over twenty years, she has first-hand experience in dealing with a variety of behavioural styles and overcoming barriers to effective communication. Karmen enjoys sharing her experience and best practices and empowering others to turn their tough conversations into productive ones.
- Learn strategies for diffusing heated situations,
- Discover what not to do when emotions get involved,
- Understand how to prevent misunderstandings,
- Address problems rather than postpone them,
- Respond more effectively when you feel attacked,
- Learn practical techniques for getting derailed conversations back on track,
- Address conflict more confidently,
- Employ a process to guide you from start to finish, and
- Leave with skills and tools to help plan your difficult conversations.
*NOTE: This information is provided for informational purposes only and is subject to change. Program registrants will receive agenda confirmation prior to the scheduled event.
Early Bird Price: $265 + GST (Register on or before January 28, 2020)
Regular Price: $295 + GST
NOTE: The materials for this program will be provided in electronic format.
LESA offers the following discounts:
D125 – 25% off for living more than 125 km (one way) from the nearest program site.
D250 – 50% off for living more than 250 km (one way) from the nearest program site.
Enter coupon code D125 or D250 during checkout if applicable.