- This event has passed.
Preventing Fraud and Disputes in Contracts and Agreements – Webinar
February 3 | 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm$93.75 – $125
This event occurred in the past. The recording is now available as a Webinar on Demand.
Learn how accountants and finance professionals view due diligence, drafting agreements, and contractual compliance. Errors and omissions can easily contribute to disputes and litigation. Explore a series of real-life examples to see what went wrong and how issues could have been avoided. The devil is in the details!
Attendees will explore 4 key stages during the lifecycle of an agreement where an accounting perspective can complement a legal review:
Selecting Your Vendor/Contractor
- Due diligence on parties to a contract
- Due diligence of financial statements
- Due Diligence of pro forma financial statements or projections
Drafting Your Agreements
- Accounting terminology
- Contract language
- Availability of records and the Right to Audit clause
Financial Management and Reporting
- Financial management
- Continuous monitoring
- Non-compliance that goes unnoticed
- Intentional non-compliance through mischarging schemes
- Refusal to provide records
- Outdated contracts