- This program has passed.
Capacity Issues in Commercial Matters (Webinar)
September 12 | 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm$236.25 – $315.00
Capacity issues can arise in corporate and commercial settings as clients may, among other things, seek to sell or reorganize a business when faced with health challenges. This webinar will address capacity concerns that a commercial lawyer may encounter, including:
- Is a commercial lawyer under any obligation to assess their client’s capacity?
- What is the applicable capacity test if a client is selling a substantial asset, settling a trust, or entering a corporate freeze?
- What is the applicable capacity necessary to serve and vote as a director, or vote as a shareholder?
- When should a commercial lawyer bring in a doctor to assess capacity and how should the lawyer instruct them?
- What are a lawyer’s obligations if a client is gradually losing capacity while a transaction or series of transactions is underway?
*Please Note: Program formats and dates are subject to change. Prices are subject to GST. Early bird pricing expires on August 12, 2023.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this program, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first registration from your firm.
John E.S. Poyser, The Wealth & Estate Law Group
Stephanie A. Campbell, Dentons Canada LLP
Jeffrey R. Fixsen, Duncan Craig LLP
Dr. Kenneth Shulman, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Program Format