Dealing with High Conflict Personalities (Edmonton)
November 2 | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm$356.25 – $475.00
This is the registration page for Dealing with High Conflict Personalities (Edmonton). This program is also being offered as a livestream option.
Gain insight and confidence when dealing with high conflict personalities. Behaviours that increase conflict can occur it many different settings, including legal disputes, divorce, in the workplace, or in personal relationships. Understanding how to connect with, manage, and respond to high conflict personalities is critical for today’s lawyers.
Led by Michael Lomax, mediator and conflict resolution trainer, attendees will develop skills and techniques to manage high conflict situations.
Topics will include:
• How the human brain responds to conflict
• Understanding High Conflict Personalities (HCPs) and their cycle of thinking in conflict
• How to connect with HCPs and maintain a positive relationship with them
• How to manage our own anxiety when dealing with HCPs
• How to be assertive with HCPs
• How to respond to misinformation and set limits on their behaviour
• How to help HCPs take responsibility for resolving their own complaints
*Please Note: Program formats and dates are subject to change. Prices are subject to GST. Early bird pricing ends on October 2, 2023.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this program, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first registration from your firm.
Michael Lomax, High Conflict Institute
Training by Michael Lomax (renowned mediator, and conflict resolution trainer) will help attendees understand the psychology of conflict and develop strategies for dealing with high conflict individuals. Michael is a trainer with the High Conflict Institute, San Diego, CA. He practised law for over 22 years and is a non-practicing member of the law society of BC.
- Program Format