Capacity issues can arise in corporate and commercial settings as clients may, among other things, seek to sell or reorganize a business when faced with health challenges. Join us on September 12 for a webinar that will address capacity concerns that a commercial lawyer may encounter, including:
- Is a commercial lawyer under any obligation to assess their client’s capacity?
- What is the applicable capacity test if a client is selling a substantial asset, settling a trust, or entering a corporate freeze?
- What is the applicable capacity necessary to serve and vote as a director, or vote as a shareholder?
- When should a commercial lawyer bring in a doctor to assess capacity and how should the lawyer instruct them?
- What are a lawyer’s obligations if a client is gradually losing capacity while a transaction or series of transactions is underway?
Date: September 12, 2023 (Half-Day Webinar)
Time: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Price: $315 + GST
Chair: John E.S. Poyser, The Wealth & Estate Law Group
Stephanie A. Campbell, Dentons Canada LLP
Jeffrey R. Fixsen, Duncan Craig LLP
Dr. Kenneth Shulman, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre