- This event has passed.
Dealing with Difficult Conversations – Webinar
September 30, 2020 | 9:00 am – 12:30 pm$195
This event has passed. The recording is now available as a Webinar on Demand.
Click here to purchase the recording so you can watch and learn at your convenience.
Presenter: Karmen Masson, LL.B., CEC, Karmen Masson, Professional Coaching + Consulting
Dealing with Difficult Conversations is a 1.5 hour presentation that will deliver strategies and key skills to help you turn tough conversations, often experienced in the legal profession, into more effective ones. Learn practical techniques for managing emotionally charged situations and moving in a productive direction, even when there is disagreement. Employ a process that will leave you feeling more comfortable and equipped to manage your difficult conversations.
- Learn strategies for diffusing heated situations;
- Discover what not to do when emotions get involved;
- Understand how to prevent misunderstandings;
- Address problems rather than postpone them;
- Respond more effectively when you feel attacked;
- Learn practical techniques for getting derailed conversations back on track;
- Address conflict more confidently;
- Employ a process to guide you from start to finish; and
- Learn skills and tools to help plan your difficult conversations.
Karmen Masson, LL.B., CEC
Karmen is a Certified Executive Coach and leadership consultant who helps people and organizations have more effective interactions and build stronger relationships at work. She was admitted to the Alberta Bar in 1997 and worked as a lawyer in private and government practice where she also took on senior management and executive roles. Working closely with members of the judiciary, the legal profession and its stakeholders for over twenty years, she has first-hand experience in dealing with a variety of behavioural styles and overcoming barriers to effective communication. Karmen enjoys sharing her experience and best practices and empowering others to turn their tough conversations into productive ones.