Effective Chambers Advocacy (Edmonton)
February 10 | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm$333.75 – $445.00
Date: February 10, 2023
Venue: Sandman Signature Edmonton Downtown Hotel | 10235 101 Street
Time: 9:00AM – 4:30PM
Price: $445 + GST
This is the registration page for Effective Chambers Advocacy (Edmonton). This program is also being offered in Calgary. This program will be offered as an in-person program only. We will not be offering this program via livestream.
This full-day program will enhance your chambers advocacy skills and improve your chances of successful outcomes in chambers.
- Gain knowledge about approaches and skills that make oral and written chambers advocacy more focused, persuasive, and efficient
- Discuss what judges want and how they approach decision making
- Learn to simplify chambers evidence by focusing on relevance and admissibility, proper use of hearsay, and when to question on affidavit
- Explore the Court’s mechanisms for scheduling and filing, and how to address atypical applications (including filing concise letters or briefs for morning chambers, arranging for emergency applications, etc)
- Consider how to prepare for and argue costs
- Understand the benefits of pre-drafting Orders and how to settle the terms of contested Order
*Please Note: Program formats and dates are subject to change. Please visit LESA.org/covid19 for the most up to date COVID policies and protocols at in-person LESA programs.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this program, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first registration from your firm.