- This event has passed.
Labour & Employment Update 2021 Part 1 – Webinar
February 23, 2021 | 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm$146.25 – $195.00
This event occurred in the past. Click here for the on-demand program.
Explore an update on human rights. Consider potential future implications on workplace safety, employer rights, disability, and more arising from the current global pandemic. Hear about the changes at the Alberta Human Rights Commission with Michael Gottheil, Chief of the Commission and Tribunals.
Human Rights Update
- Poor performance and human rights’ complaints
- Sexual harassment claims
- Case law update on the duty to accommodate
- Impact on the work environment in light of the Black Lives Matter movement
- Family status discrimination
- Case law update on damage awards
Changes at the Human Rights Commission
Panel Discussion on COVID-19 Related Matters
- Workplace safety during COVID-19: the right to refuse unsafe work
- Constructive dismissal in a global pandemic
- Employer rights in vaccinating employees
- Disability due to general stress
- Future implications arising from the current global pandemic
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this webinar series, please contact [email protected] for pricing.