What Non-IP Lawyers Need to Know About IP Law (Webinar)
October 12 | 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm$71.25 – $95.00
Date: October 12, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Price: $95 + GST
With the increasing prevalence of intellectual property and technology in corporate transactions and litigation, issues relating to IP, such as patents, trade secrets, trademarks, copyright and industrial designs, are becoming more common in many different legal contexts. This program is intended for lawyers and legal professionals with a core practice outside of IP, to help identify and/or address IP issues that may arise in their practice.
Topics will include:
- An overview of different types of IP
- Acquisition of IP
- Development: inventorship, employment/contractor issues
- Co-development: collaboration, joint venture agreements
- Transaction: licensing, acquisition
- An overview of considerations and situations when an IP lawyer may be recommended:
- Due diligence of IP
- Enforcement of IP – nature of the dispute determines jurisdiction
*Please Note: Program formats and dates are subject to change.
If multiple lawyers or staff members from your firm would like to attend this program, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first registration from your firm.