This program explores what lawyers need to know to properly advise clients in bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
– Restructuring and Insolvency Basics: Recognizing early warning signs of distress, informal workout options, and navigating the formal insolvency process
– Rehabilitating a Distressed Corporation: Restructuring options under the BIA, CCAA, and CBCA
– Consumer Insolvencies: Advising your client step by step
– Role of a Financial Advisor in Distressed Situations
– Insolvency Sales Transactions, Processes, and Auctions
– Roles and Responsibilities of Directors
This on-demand program was originally presented as an in-person program on March 15, 2023.
Kyle Kashuba, Torys LLP
Ryan Adlington, Deloitte Restructuring Inc.
Vanessa Allen, MNP Ltd.
Darren Crocker, Deloitte Restructuring Inc.
Kyle Kawanami, Emery Jamieson LLP
Christopher Keliher, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Jessie Mann, Torys LLP
Jack Maslen, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Afshan Naveed, Dentons Canada LLP
Jeffrey Oliver, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
James W. Reid, Miller Thomson LLP
Charla Smith, Charla Smith & Company Ltd.
Jill Strueby, Alvarez & Marsal
Desmond West-Chow, Goth & Company Ltd.
Mark Wong, PwC Canada
Access to this on-demand program is automatically assigned to the purchaser’s account. Once your purchase is complete, you will have instant access to this on-demand program through the LESA Classroom link at the top of our website.
The purchase of this on-demand program is for a single user only. For multiple viewers, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first purchase from your firm.
Sign up to receive email notification of LESA programs and resources directly related to your practice.