Discuss hot topics in Criminal Law, including:
- Privacy at the Canadian Border – Constitutionality of Searches of Digital Devices
- Developments in the Law of Bail – Mens rea for offences of breaching bail conditions, pre-requisites for the imposition of bail conditions
- Voluntariness – Admissibility of statements resulting from non-cautioned police interviews
- Covid, Technology and the Courts – Issues arising from the use of technology and remote appearances before the Court
- Exclusion of Evidence under s 24(2) of the Charter – Recent cases of interest
- Sentencing Updates
This on-demand program was originally broadcasted as a webinar on June 18, 2021. The total running time is 1 hour, 6 minutes.
Judge A.J. Brown, Provincial Court of Alberta
Paul M. Bourassa, Bourassa Law & Strategic Services
Judge S.A. Cleary, Provincial Court of Alberta
Prof. Steven Penney, University of Alberta, Faculty of Law
Prof. Lisa Silver, University of Calgary, Faculty of Law
Views and opinions expressed during on-demand programs and in program materials are those of the presenter(s)/author(s).
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of person who will be viewing the on-demand program in the billing details section on the checkout page.
The purchase of this on-demand program is for a single user only. For multiple viewers, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first purchase from your firm.