On August 31, 2020, the Court of Appeal of Alberta launched the public portal of its e-filing system called CAMS. The Court of Appeal Management System (CAMS) is a comprehensive case and document management system and an electronic filing system that provides registered users the ability to initiate an appeal, file materials, pay applicable fees electronically, and more. CAMS is designed to better serve the administration of justice, litigants, the Bar, and the public at large. It digitizes and automates many of the Court’s procedures and records.
Using this system, litigants and their lawyers will have online access to all of their case materials and other information about their appeals including the full text of all filed documents, deadlines, hearing dates, outcomes, and more.
What are the key benefits of viewing this On-Demand Program?
- Learn how to setup an account, access an electronic court file, file electronic documents, format files according to the electronic requirements, and pay applicable fees online.
- Watch demonstrations from members of the CAMS Project Team.
- Hear a Q&A with CAMS Project Team members.
- Walk away with valuable information sheets delivering step-by-step instructions to benefit your appellate practice.
How will CAMS affect your appellate practice?
- For litigants and lawyers, the benefits of CAMS include:
- Increased accessibility to the Court;
- The ability to file documents remotely from office or home at any time of the day or night, thereby eliminating the need for costs related to a physical visit to the courthouse, parking, postage, courier or messenger fees;
- The elimination of paper copies of all documents, which includes the appeal record, factum, case authorities and Extracts of Key Evidence, resulting in cost, time and resource savings;
- The ability to access full case information at any time online and view the full text of all filed documents; and
- The ability to electronically receive notices, correspondence, and judgments from the Court.
This on-demand program was originally broadcasted as a webinar on August 20, 2021. Total running time is 2 hours, 17 minutes.
Bobbi Jo McDevitt, Case Management Officer, Court of Appeal of Alberta
Ileen Moore, Deputy Registrar, Court of Appeal of Alberta
Julie Antunes, Team Lead, Court of Appeal of Alberta
Views and opinions expressed during on-demand programs and in program materials are those of the presenter(s)/author(s).
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of person who will be viewing the on-demand program in the billing details section on the checkout page.
The purchase of this on-demand program is for a single user only. For multiple viewers, please contact [email protected] for pricing. To receive discounted group pricing, you must contact us prior to the first purchase from your firm.