Court of Appeal E-Filing (On-Demand)
- SKU: OC-62186
On August 31, 2020, the Court of Appeal of Alberta launched the public portal of its e-filing system called CAMS. The Court of Appeal Management System (CAMS) is a comprehensive case and document management system and an electronic filing system that provides registered users the ability to initiate an appeal, file materials, pay applicable fees electronically, and more. CAMS is designed to better serve the administration of justice, litigants, the Bar, and the public at large. It digitizes and automates many of the Court’s procedures and records.
Using this system, litigants and their lawyers will have online access to all of their case materials and other information about their appeals including the full text of all filed documents, deadlines, hearing dates, outcomes, and more.
What are the key benefits of viewing this Webinar on Demand?
- Learn how to setup an account, access an electronic court file, file electronic documents, format files according to the electronic requirements, and pay applicable fees online.
- Watch demonstrations from members of the CAMS Project Team.
Hear a Q&A with CAMS Project Team members.
- Walk away with valuable information sheets delivering step-by-step instructions to benefit your appellate practice.
How will CAMS affect your appellate practice?
- For litigants and lawyers, the benefits of CAMS include:
- Increased accessibility to the Court;
- The ability to file documents remotely from office or home at any time of the day or night, thereby eliminating the need for costs related to a physical visit to the courthouse, parking, postage, courier or messenger fees;
- The elimination of paper copies of all documents, which includes the appeal record, factum, case authorities and Extracts of Key Evidence, resulting in cost, time and resource savings;
- The ability to access full case information at any time online and view the full text of all filed documents; and
- The ability to electronically receive notices, correspondence, and judgments from the Court.
Presenters: Bobbi Jo McDevitt, Case Management Officer, Court of Appeal of Alberta; Ileen Moore, Deputy Registrar, Court of Appeal of Alberta; and Julie Antunes, Team Lead, Court of Appeal of Alberta
This on-demand program was originally broadcasted as a webinar on August 20, 2021.
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of the person who will be viewing the Webinar on Demand in the billing details section on the next page.
If multiple lawyers or staff members in your firm would like to purchase this Webinar on Demand or Webinar on Demand series, please contact [email protected] for pricing.
Please note: The views and opinions of the presenters are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Legal Education Society of Alberta.
- Launch of the All-New LESA Library June 11, 2021
- What a Difference a Year Makes June 8, 2021
- Presenter Profile: James T. Swanson | Recent Case Law June 7, 2021
- Digital Border Searches: R v Canfield, 2020 ABCA 383 June 2, 2021
- French Trial in Alberta? May 28, 2021