Webinar on Demand – Criminal Law Fundamentals
Original Date: December 8, 2020
Price: $195 + GST
Chair: Justice R. Paul Belzil, Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta
Presenter: Justice Susan E. Richardson, Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta; Judge A.J. Brown, Provincial Court of Alberta; and Edmond J. O’Neill, Aloneissi O’Neill Hurley O’Keeffe Millsap
Understanding the practical side of criminal matters is essential for lawyers who practice criminal law. Join with members of the judiciary and senior counsel to consider practical approaches to:
- Effective pre-trial conferences – setting realistic timelines for filing Charter motions, etc.
- Effective use of criminal case management
- Timely identification of trial issues
- Realistic estimates of pre-trial motions, voir dires, and trials
- Agreements on non-contentious issues, including Agreed Statements of Facts, eliminating non-essential witnesses, etc.
- Using Court resources effectively
- Witness accommodations
- Ethics – what you must never do
Please note that the Criminal Law Fundamentals program has a different format than other LESA programs. This Webinar on Demand comprises a discussion among members of the judiciary and a senior member of the criminal defence bar and focuses on practical approaches to a number of criminal law topics. Written materials were not provided by presenters to go along with their presentations. Instead, materials consist of excerpts from LESA’s publication, Criminal Law Fundamentals.
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of the person who will be viewing the Webinar on Demand in the billing details section on the next page.
If multiple lawyers or staff members in your firm would like to purchase this Webinar on Demand , please contact [email protected] for pricing.
Please note: The views and opinions of the presenters are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Legal Education Society of Alberta.