The LESA Classroom offers Seminars on Demand and interactive self-study modules online.
Register here for access to the LESA Classroom (login credentials are emailed within 2-3 business days after purchase).
Log in to My Courses to access complimentary courses and courses in which you have already enrolled.
UPDATES: SEMINARS ON DEMAND
Stream video recordings and download PDF program materials for programs you were unable to attend.**
Explore adult guardianships and trusteeships from start to finish. Get tips for managing represented adult matters, and learn key strategies to help set up guardians and trustees for success.
Learn how to help your clients get what they actually want. Explore post-judgment enforcement, get tips for dealing with bailiffs, and review processes under the Civil Enforcement Act. Discuss non-judgment enforcement and the process for distributing funds once collected. Gain valuable knowledge to help you help your client.
Learn about effective legal support for corporate and commercial law. Topics discussed include corporate reorganizations; dividends, other distributions, and share redemptions; share purchases; asset purchases; and other commercial transactions.
Discover insightful information about typical contentious and non-contentious matters you may encounter day-to-day. Delve into applications for family maintenance and support as well as other obligations under the Wills and Succession Act. Review the role of legal support staff in non-contentious estate matters and more.
Provide more confident legal support in property division matters.
Intellectual property [IP] rights can be found in nearly every transaction and are often the most valuable asset of any business. If your client has a business name, provides a product or service to others, uses a website or software, gets referenced on social media, creates or improves on technology, or has confidential business information such as customer lists and data, they have IP rights to consider. Learn from experienced IP practitioners and develop strategies to protect your clients.
Analyze common issues and identify practical resolutions when dealing with wills and enduring powers of attorney. Explore lapsed and failed gifts, resistant grantors, flawed EPAs, wills and Codicils, and non-compliant wills.
Seminar on Demand Collection
- Administrative Law Fundamentals
- Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act Applications for Legal Support Staff
- Advanced Matrimonial Property
- Alberta Land Titles Online
- Appellate Advocacy
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Fundamentals
- Being an Excellent Principal
- Business Disputes
- Buying and Selling a Business
- Capacity and Influence
- Client Relationship Essentials
- Contract Review and Clause Negotiation
- Collections for Legal Support Staff
- Condominiums: A Practitioner’s Update
- Condominium Law Update
- Corporate Drafting
- Corporate Procedure Fundamentals
- Court of Appeal Practice
- Court of Appeal Procedure for Legal Support Staff
- Criminal Procedure Fundamentals
- Domestic Contracts
- Drafting Pleadings, Affidavits, and Orders
- Drafting Your First Trust
- Drafting Your First Will
- Effective Legal Support
- Effective Legal Support: Civil Litigation
- Effective Legal Support: Family Law
- Effective Legal Support: Wills and Estates
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives
- Environmental Law: Key Strategies for Everyday Practice
- Estate Accounting
- Estate Administration Fundamentals
- Estate Litigation Fundamentals
- Estate Planning Essentials
- Estate Planning for the Average Wealth Client
- Evidence Law Refresher
- Family Law Trial Fundamentals
- File Organization for Legal Support Staff
- Financial Disclosure in Family Law Matters
- Foreclosures Fundamentals
- How to Build a Brain
- Immigration Fundamentals
- Intersection of Immigration and Criminal Law
- Junior Solicitor Business Law Basics
- Labour and Employment Law Update
- Legalization of Marijuana
- Matrimonial Property 2017
- New Estate Administration Act
- New Estate Administration Act for Legal Support Staff
- Personal Property Security and Debt Recovery Essentials
- Real Estate Essentials
- Real Estate Fundamentals
- Research for Legal Support Staff
- Running Your First Trial
- Search and Seizure
- Securities Law
- Tech Solutions for Busy Law Practices
- Technology Contracts
- The Business of Running a Law Practice
- Top 10+ Things Every Lawyer Should Know (2018)
- Top 10+ (Things Every Lawyer Should Know)
- Understanding the Brain – What Lawyers Need to Know
- Written Advocacy – Preparing Persuasive Documents
Increase your knowledge at your convenience with these interactive self-study modules.
RULES OF COURT SERIES (Price: $225 + GST | Please click here to purchase)
- Understanding the Litigation Process
- Bringing an Action
- Post-Commencement Pleadings
- Framework for Managing Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Resolving Pre-Trial Issues and Preserving Rights
- Judgments, Orders, and Costs
- Family Law Rules
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT AND PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY (Complimentary)
- Being an Excellent Principal
- Code of Conduct
- How to Build a Brain
- Lawyer Assist
- Trust Accounting Fundamentals
- Trust Accounting for Responsible Lawyers
Register here for access to the LESA Classroom and the Practice Management and Professional Responsibility self-study modules.
If you are already registered in any of our self-study modules, including Rules of Court, Trust Accounting, Code of Conduct, Lawyers’ Assist, or Seminars on Demand, you can login to My Courses to access the modules in the Online Classroom.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please contact us.