Have you ever walked away from a conversation feeling as though you could have handled it more effectively? We’ve all been there at one time or another… where an emotionally charged situation shifted a conversation away from productivity towards an ineffective result.
Tough conversations, often experienced in the legal profession, can be handled in such a way where even if there is a disagreement, the end result can still be productive. We are excited to have Karmen Masson, LL.B., CEC join us on September 30 for a half-day webinar entitled, “Dealing with Difficult Conversations“, where Karmen will share her experiences and best practices for how to turn tough conversations into productive ones.
Karmen is a Certified Executive Coach and leadership consultant who helps people and organizations have more effective interactions and build stronger relationships at work. She was admitted to the Alberta Bar in 1997 and worked as a lawyer in private and government practice where she also took on senior management and executive roles. Working closely with members of the judiciary, the legal profession and its stakeholders for over twenty years, she has first-hand experience in dealing with a variety of behavioural styles and overcoming barriers to effective communication.
Read on for details for how you can equip yourself with tools, and employ a process, that will leave you feeling more confidant and comfortable to manage your difficult conversations.
- Learn strategies for diffusing heated situations;
- Discover what not to do when emotions get involved;
- Understand how to prevent misunderstandings;
- Address problems rather than postpone them;
- Respond more effectively when you feel attacked;
- Learn practical techniques for getting derailed conversations back on track;
- Address conflict more confidently;
- Employ a process to guide you from start to finish; and
- Leave with skills and tools to help plan your difficult conversations.