Commercial Real Estate 2020: Leasing
Original Date: October 23, 2020
Chair: Bianca Kratt, Parlee McLaws LLP
Presenters: Stephanie A. Campbell, Dentons Canada LLP; Brittany Earl, Duncan Craig LLP; Sharon Ohayon, Witten LLP; and Stephanie A. Wanke, Thomson Reuters
Purchase the first 4 presentations in Commercial Real Estate: Leasing 2020 below and get the panel discussion for free! Please ensure you add all 5 presentations to your cart. Discount will automatically apply when the qualifying items are in your cart.
Analyze the lifecycle of commercial leases, including offers to lease, lease negotiations, tenant financing, default and enforcement, and current trends.
- Offers to lease versus letters of intent
- Landlord and tenant lease negotiations, including clauses to consider, restoration clauses, and standard form leases versus customized leases
- Tenant financing and the interplay with landlord financing
- Tenant defaults and landlord enforcement rights and remedies, including distress, termination, and the legal procedures to follow
- Current trends in commercial leasing, including requests for rent relief, surrender, and more
- Improper and problematic trust conditions in real estate transactions
Please note that these videos are a recording a live in-person program. We make best efforts to ensure that audience questions are either spoken into a microphone or repeated by one of the presenters. However, this does not always occur. We apologize if you are unable to hear some of the audience questions in these recordings.
Please enter the first name, last name, and email of the person who will be viewing the Seminar on Demand in the billing details section on the next page.
Please note: The views and opinions of the presenters are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Legal Education Society of Alberta.