Join us on March 15, 2022 for a full-day program titled, “Condominium Law Update“ that will bring you up to speed on recent amendments to the Condominium Property Act and their impact on your day-to-day practice.
Chair: Hugh Willis, Willis Law
Victoria Archer, Gledhill Larocque Barristers & Solicitors
John Frame, Witten LLP
Laurie S. Kiedrowski, McLeod Law LLP
Dionne Levesque, Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP
Joshua I. Selby, Miller Thomson LLP
Todd Shipley, Reynolds Mirth Richards & Farmer LLP
Topics will include:
- Recent developments in condominium caselaw, including condominium cases revolving around short terms rentals, costs, contributions, builders’ liens, and more.
- Issues relating to the duties of a condominium corporation to keep its common property in a state of good and serviceable repair, including the board’s obligations, how this affects unit owners, and the corporation’s statutory obligations.
- What to watch for in bylaws when acting for buyers, including who is responsible for insurance, does my buyer have a parking spot, can my buyer grow cannabis, and can my buyer bring pets onto the property.
- Advising clients in respect of requirements for developer turnover; how to balance the statutory requirements with practical considerations.
- Condominium issues encountered during real estate conveyancing.
- Alternative dispute resolution for condominiums; consider what are other provinces doing on this issue and the potential application in Alberta.
Date: March 15, 2022 (Webinar)
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Price: $395 + GST
Condominium Law Update is now being offered as an online program only. If you can’t make the entire day, registration automatically includes access to the recordings so you can catch up on-demand and at your convenience. Click here to register.