As a lawyer practicing in wills and estates, you may be called upon by clients from blended families to assist with estate planning. Our upcoming Estate Planning for Blended Families program will ensure you are up to speed on best practices when representing blended families to help you best serve your clients. Faculty for this program includes esteemed wills and estates practitioners from across Alberta. We are looking forward to hearing their insights and expertise on the following topics:
- Spousal trusts
- Spousal support and child support obligations after death
- Family home considerations, including Wills & Succession Act and Dower Act issues
- Advising clients with cohabitation agreements, property agreements, pre-nuptial agreements
- Enduring powers of attorney and personal directives
- Best practices for representing blended families
Chair: Malkit Atwal, Field LLP
Date: April 26, 2023
Edmonton Venue: LESA’s Program Space | 1401, 10088 102 Avenue NW
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Price: $445 + GST
Click here to register for the Edmonton in-person session.
Click here to register for the online livestream session.