- This event has passed.
Family Law Fundamentals – Webinar
January 27, 2021 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm$258.75 – $345.00
This event occurred in the past. Click here for the on-demand version.
In the first few years of family law practice, lawyers can greatly benefit from both substantive law knowledge and practice management skills to assist them in effectively managing matters. Join experienced practitioners to explore family property, child support, spousal support, family violence, and more.
- Adult interdependent partners and property and support contracts
- Court processes and running a litigation practice during the COVID-19 pandemic, including strategies to get your documents signed and filed
- Domestic violence and your obligations under the amendments to the Divorce Act, EPOs, and navigating the intersection between the criminal justice system and the family law system
- Primer on principles and calculation of spousal and child support in various scenarios
- Primer on valuing assets and the steps required to put together property charts, including some helpful tips and best practices from senior practitioners