Explore how an accounting perspective can complement a legal review. Errors and omissions can easily contribute to disputes and litigation. Learn how accountants and finance professionals view due diligence, drafting agreements, and contractual compliance.
We are excited to have Lisa Majeau Gordon, FCPA, FCA, CA-IFA, CFE, CFF from MNP LLP present a series of real-life examples in our upcoming Preventing Fraud and Disputes in Contracts and Agreements webinar. See what went wrong and how issues could have been avoided. The devil is in the details!
Attendees will explore 4 key stages during the lifecycle of an agreement where an accounting perspective can complement a legal review:
Selecting Your Vendor/Contractor
- Due diligence on parties to a contract
- Due diligence of financial statements
- Due Diligence of pro forma financial statements or projections
Drafting Your Agreements
- Accounting terminology
- Contract language
- Availability of records and the Right to Audit clause
Financial Management and Reporting
- Financial management
- Continuous monitoring
- Non-compliance that goes unnoticed
- Intentional non-compliance through mischarging schemes
- Refusal to provide records
- Outdated contracts
Date: February 3, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Price: $125 + GST
This program is being offered in collaboration with MNP LLP.