Check out our new and noteworthy resources!
FEATURED SEMINARS ON DEMAND
Explore how the new Family Property Act (FPA) legislation, which takes effect January 1, 2020, brings unmarried couples living together under the same property sharing scheme as married couples, removing some previous unjust enrichment remedies. The materials for this Seminar on Demand are included with purchase. Click here to learn more and purchase.
Discover how existing Matrimonial Property Act section 8 requirements to divide property in a “just and equitable” manner have been addressed in several major cases from 2018 and 2019. The materials for this Seminar on Demand are included with purchase. Click here to learn more and purchase.
Learn how rules for establishing exemptions are changing, as of January 1, 2020, under the upcoming Family Property Act (FPA) to require valuation from the date of interdependence. Materials for this Seminar on Demand are included with purchase. Click here to learn more and purchase.
NEW PROGRAM MATERIALS
Missed a LESA program you wanted to attend? Download the program materials!
Developed by leaders in the legal community, these resources will save you time and help you stay up-to-date in your practice.
- Indigenous Businesses: Developing Successful Business Structures for and with Indigenous Communities | By: Drew Lafond
- Sources and Resources of Indigenous Law | By: Darcy Lindberg
- Legislating Indigenous Laws in the Wake of MMIWG Inquiry Calls for Justice & TRC Calls to Action | By: Racquel Fraser
- Family Law File Negotiation Checklist: Preparation is Key | By: Nicole Dechaine
- Setting Aside Agreements: Challenging Domestic Contracts | By: Tamasine I. Davies QC & Laura Coffell
- Drafting Post-separation Property Agreements | By: Bud Melnyk
Check out some of our most noteworthy resources from educational years. Click here to view more.
- Appeal Mechanisms in Alberta’s Environmental Legislation | By: Gilbert Van Nes
- Current Trends in Real Property Law | By: Nolan B. Johnson and Allan denBok
- Making Your Practice Employment Standards Compliant | By: Roger S. Hofer QC
- Capacity and Undue Influence: Diminished Will or True Intentions? | By: Françoise Belzil
- Digest of Alberta Court of Appeal Cases Considering R v Oland | By: Hon. Justice P.A. Rowbotham & Hon. Justice M.G. Crighton
- Appellate Practice Points: Applications Before a Panel, Costs, and Judicial Dispute Resolution | By: Hon. Justice F.F. Slatter
- Intellectual Property Licensing | By: Gordon Sustrik QC & Andrew Buddle
- Nuts and Bolts of Property in Family Law Matters | By: Rachel Woynorowski
SEMINARS ON DEMAND
- Legislative Update: Brief Overview of Bill 28 and Bill C-78 | By: John-Paul E. Boyd
- Principles of Natural Justice | By: Wayne A. Barkauskas
- Being an Excellent Principal (Seminar on Demand)
No law library would be complete without these critical titles. Our Practice Manuals provide in-depth coverage in specific areas of law and are a useful resource for both junior and senior legal practitioners. They are available as a subscription service and many are available in both hardcopy or electronic formats.
Our Fundamentals Series supplement our Practice Manuals and provide a broad and comprehensive overview of specific areas of law and practice in Alberta. They are a useful resource for practitioners as well as articling students and are available in both electronic and hardcopy formats.
OTHER LESA RESOURCES
Increase your knowledge at your convenience with our interactive self-study modules. Our online courses provide interactive self-study modules related to the Alberta Rules of Court as well as practice management and professional responsibility issues.
RULES OF COURT SERIES | ($225 + GST)
- Understanding the Litigation Process
- Brining an Action
- Post-Commencement Pleadings
- Framework for Managing Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Resolving Pre-Trial Issues and Preserving Rights
- Judgments, Orders, and Costs
- Family Law Rules
If you are already registered in any of our self-study modules, you can log-in to the LESA Classroom to access your course modules. To access the complimentary online self-study courses.
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT & PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY | (Complimentary)
- Being an Excellent Principal
- Code of Conduct
- How to Build a Brain
- Lawyer Assist
- Trust Accounting Fundamentals
- Trust Accounting for Responsible Lawyers
DID YOU KNOW?
LESA Library subscribers get access to hundreds of program materials as part of their annual subscription!
With prices starting at just $795 (annual), you can get instant access to topical, Alberta-specific resources to help you excel in your practice.